In his debut with the National Team in one of the great international competition, Alessandro Gentile was Italy’s leading scorer at 14.2 ppg. He was also the sixth best scorer overall behind Tony PArker, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Vassilis Spnoulis, Goran Dragic and Nenad Krstic. Gentile was also the third best in free throws shooting with 86.7% behind Reinaldas Seibutis and Ioannis Bourousis, who shot 34 and 24 free throws while Ale went to the line 45 times. Among the first ten in the standing only Parker (60) went to the line more often. Besides:
- Gentile was number eight for shot made from the field, 4.7 on average, 52 total while Tony Parker was the best and Gigi Datome Italy’s best
- He was 11th for two-point baskets, with 39, 3.5 on average, the best in the Italian team
- He was 11th also in two-point shooting with 48.1%, again the best for Italy
- With 39.4% he was 10th in three-point shooting with 13/33.
- He was sixth in free-throws made on average, 3.5 (Spanoulis was the best overall with 5.3)
- Gentile was 13th for free-throws attempted on average with 4.1 (the best overall was again Spanoulis).